a humble garden blog... Above photo not enhanced in any way... All photos and text property of glimpsesofglory-karen... please ask permission to use

Monday, June 18, 2012

catching my attention

          When we built our home, about 10 years ago, we had plenty of toads. Then they seemed to vanish.
I was a little worried. Was it because of the development? or maybe the use of lawn products?
But imagine my delight when this years I have had several sightings!
Welcome back little toads!

This next photo is of the seed pod from the great heron' Iris.
It is almost 5" long - I think it looks like a pickle.
I'm going to try to dry the seeds!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back little toads! I'm so happy they're back. We have frogs in our neck of the woods and they're always such a delight to see and hear. Wow that iris seed pod is amazing. I bet it has a gazillion seeds in it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts