a humble garden blog... Above photo not enhanced in any way... All photos and text property of glimpsesofglory-karen... please ask permission to use

Thursday, December 1, 2011

In all of this, there is always life

This beautiful scene is one I enjoyed on a walk with my two daughters over the Thanksgiving holiday. We took long walks to help combat the calories we were inhaling! Ha

Even though I enjoyed these walks immensely, it was disconcerting that all of nature seems to be turning gray and brown.

Until my heart leaped for joy over  this next little vignette!
Isn't is lovely?? aaahhhh... I love moss....
                             In heaven, I am going to walk barefoot through fields of moss....aahhhhhh...

On the way home from my visit with my oldest daughter, my middle daughter and I stopped in a little town called Lititiz. Home of the Wilbur chocolate factory....

  
                                              This chocolate "scene" is completely edible!
                                        We had fun at the factory but didn't eat or buy anything!
                                               I think we were still full from Thanksgiving, lol.


                            okay... and this is what we've been baking and delivering... cheesecakes!
A sampling of three: Caramel Apple, Italian with Oreo crust ( delivered with a cup of triple berry sauce),
                                   and  Chocolate-Raspberry with chocolate ganache.

                                                   I was glad to get them out of the house!

5 comments:

  1. Karen, What a great shot of the trees in the water! It looks like you had a lot of fun at the chocolate factory. And those cheese cakes are to die for. Thanks for sharing.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, It's Barb again. I just did a post and awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. You can check out what to do on my website.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! I'm so glad I got to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love moss, too. Always soft, fuzzy, and a fresh green. I can't believe you didn't get any chocolate from the factory! I would not have been able to resist! Your cheesecakes looks scrumptious! What a nice gift to give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure which photograph I enjoyed more, the moss. I LOVE moss too! Or the Wilbur Chocolate anniversary signage and all that it implies. Your cheesecakes look wonderful too. Don't worry January is right around the corner. We'll all have to blog about our diets. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts